LEGO Woolly Mammoth and Saber-toothed Tiger! (LEGO City Arctic Sets)

It should be known that I loved paleontology as a child. Dinosaurs were my life; I could name them all. I also took interest in the mammals from the Ice Ages. The reveal of these sets is kinda the completion of my childhood in LEGO form. LEGO has done plenty of Dino's, but I am glad they have moved out of the Jurassic, Triassic and Cretaceous Periods.





I'm sold! Already this is amazing. I don't have a close up image, but you can get a pretty good look at it from the pictures we have. 

This set, Arctic Mobile Exploration Base, looks amazing. The large mobile base looks pretty cool, and little kids'll love it.  I am just really impressed with this theme. In other sets, the Arctic Air Transport and Arctic Supply Aircraft, LEGO has included a saber tooth tiger! It's unfortunate we haven't gotten a better view. It looks amazing! Oh, and the sets come with air vehicles, but who cares about those?


The Arctic Ice Crawler has a new mouse mold, which looks great. It is interesting to see a more mech like model in LEGO City. This set is pretty cool looking, even if it may be impractical in the real world. 


The Arctic Scout Truck is an interesting set. The main vehicle looks nothing like a normal truck, but oh well. The polar bear is nice to get again, as is the husky. I do like the scientist taking an ice sample, its a cool representation of what these scientists actually do. (It's not everyday that you come upon intact mammoths and tigers from the ice age.)


And finally, we have a basic starter pack, like always.  This one, Arctic Exploration Team, is okay.  
The set is nothing spectacular. 

Overall, this theme adds a ton of new animals, all of which I am excited for. The new hat and helmet pieces are great to get as well.  The vehicles are generally interesting and new; most of the sets do not seem to be a direct repeat of the last wave of Arctic sets. 

Anyways, that's all I've got for now, thanks for reading!

Comments